Drafts Open for Public Comment
Comment on a Draft Standard
An important stage in the development of an Australian Standard is the Public Comment period. The Public Comment period is usually open for two to three months. Anyone who feels they have something to contribute to a Draft Standard should use the Public Comment Period to provide their view on its provisions. All comments are considered in detail by the relevant Committee and, if necessary, further drafting is undertaken. Individual feedback will not be given by the Committee on the comments provided.
How to submit comments
If the draft you wish to comment on is listed below under "Draft Publication" then click on the corresponding link to "Make a comment". For all other drafts, not listed below, instructions on how to submit comments can be found on the inside cover page of the draft. All Draft publications currently open for Public Comment are available by selecting the "Download draft" button.
Changes to Draft Publication download process
Standards Australia has updated its process for downloading a Draft Standard. Visitors are no longer
required to download the draft from the SAI Global Store. All drafts are now available directly from
Standards Australia by clicking on "Download draft".
In addition, Draft Standards will continue to be made available on the SAI Global Store.
For more information or help regarding how to submit your comments, contact our Standards Information
1800 035 822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Get Draft||Draft Publication||Committee||Comment Close Date||Action|
|Download Draft||AS 1172.3 Sanitary plumbing products, Part 3: Personal hygiene fixtures and appliances - Bidets and Bidettes¿||ws-003 Sanitary Plumbing Fixtures||26-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2359.1 Powered industrial trucks - general requirements||me-026 Industrial Trucks||18-03-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 27917 Carbon dioxide capture, transportation and geological storage - Vocabulary - Cross cutting terms||ee-002 Carbon dioxide capture, transportation, and geological storage||30-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1742.15 Manual of uniform traffic control devices, Part 15: Direction signs, information signs and route numbering||ms-012 Road Signs And Traffic Signals||31-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3199 Approval and test specification - Cord extension sets||el-004 Electrical Accessories||23-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37001 Anti-bribery management systems — Requirements with guidance for use.||qr-017 Organizational Governance||30-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 60598.2.22 Luminaires, Part 2.22: Particular requirements - Luminaires for emergency lighting (IEC 60598-2-22 Ed. 3.1 2002 MOD)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||13-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4024.1100 Safety of Machinery - Application guide||sf-041 Safety of Machinery||13-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5148 Domestic solid fuel burning appliances - Pellet heaters - Installation requirements and construction components||cs-062 Solid Fuel Burning Appliances||15-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4847.2 Self ballasted lamps for general lighting services, Part 2: Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) requirements||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||23-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4848.1 Application specifications for coating systems - Single coat inorganic (ethyl) zinc silicate - Solvent-borne||ch-003 Paints And Related Materials||05-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 27914 Carbon dioxide capture, transportation and geological storage - Geological storage||ee-002 Carbon dioxide capture, transportation, and geological storage||30-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 10896.1 Rough-terrain trucks - Safety requirements and verification, Part 1: Variable-reach trucks (ISO 10896-1:2012, MOD)||me-026 Industrial Trucks||18-03-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 1720.4 Timber structures, Part 4: Fire Resistance of timber elements||tm-010 Timber Structures and Framing||25-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5144.3 Industrial trucks - Safety requirements and verification, Part 3: Additional requirements for trucks with elevating operator position and trucks specifically designed to travel with elevated loads (ISO 3691-3:2016, MOD)||me-026 Industrial Trucks||18-03-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5327 Earth-moving machinery - Access systems||me-063 Earthmoving Equipment||08-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 4774.2 Work in compressed air and hyperbaric facilities, Part 2: Hyperbaric oxygen facilities||sf-046 Non-Diving Work in Compressed Air and Hyperbaric Treatment Facilities||18-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1357.1 Valves primarily for use in heated water systems, Part 1: Protection valves||ws-026 Valves primarily for use in Warm and Hot Water Systems||06-03-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 27919-1 Carbon dioxide capture - Part 1: Performance evaluation methods for post-combustion CO2 capture integrated with a power plant||ee-002 Carbon dioxide capture, transportation, and geological storage||30-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4285 Rooflights||bd-075 Skylights||05-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 60598.2.18 Luminaires, Part 2.18: Particular requirements - Luminaires for swimming pools and similar applications (IEC 60598-2-18 Ed. 2.0 2011 MOD)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||15-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1730 Washbasins||ws-003 Sanitary Plumbing Fixtures||26-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2210.5 Personal protective equipment - Occupational footwear||sf-003 Occupational Protective Footwear||25-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4632 Over-pressure and under-pressure shut off devices||ag-013 Components used for Gas Appliances and Equipment||13-03-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2210.3 Personal protective equipment - Safety footwear||sf-003 Occupational Protective Footwear||25-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2809.2 Road tank vehicles for dangerous goods, Part 2: Road tank vehicles for flammable liquids||me-057 Road Tankers For Hazardous Liquids And Gases||01-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 2214 Certification of welding supervisors - Structural steel welding||wd-003 Welding Of Structures||23-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4782.2 Double-capped fluorescent lamps - Performance specifications, Part 2: Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||23-01-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2023 Baths for ablutionary purposes||ws-003 Sanitary Plumbing Fixtures||26-02-2019||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2809.1 Road tank vehicles for dangerous goods, Part 1: General requirements for all road tank vehicles||me-057 Road Tankers For Hazardous Liquids And Gases||01-02-2019||Make a comment|
Standards Australia Limited (ABN 85 087 326 690) (Standards Australia) provides public access to draft standards and other documents for the purpose of obtaining public comment. Standards Australia provides the downloaded Publication(s) to You in PDF format on the following terms and conditions of use (Agreement).
By downloading the Publication(s) and checking the box “I have read and accept the terms of the Document Licence Agreement” and clicking “Accept”, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.1 Authorised User if You are a company: a single end user who is nominated by You to access (including to view) or use the Publication. 1.2 Intellectual Property Rights means all present and future rights conferred by statute, at common law or in equity and wherever existing, including:
(a) patents, designs, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, trademarks, know how, brand names, domain names, inventions, product names, trade secrets and any other rights subsisting in the results of intellectual effort in any field, whether or not registered and capable of registration;
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights;
(c) any registration of any of those rights or any registration of any application referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) all renewals and extensions of these rights.
1.3 Publication the specific draft document or documents downloaded by You. 1.4 You or Your the person who downloaded the Publication.
- By downloading the Publication, You agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect of the Publication. You also agree to ensure that any Authorised User agrees to and will comply with this Agreement.
- You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to a single copy of the Publication in PDF format provided solely for Your (or, if applicable, Your Authorised User’s) use on a single unique computer during the term of the Agreement.
- You may download one copy of the Publication on, and if You are a company permit an Authorised User access to, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by You during the term of the Licence agreement.
- You may print one single copy of Publication from the PDF file, provided it is used for personal viewing only. The Publication, including any printed copy, may not be transferred to or shared with other persons or users other than any Authorised User, or copied or reproduced in any way.
- Concurrent viewing of the Publication on two or more computers or viewing the Publication through a local area network, wide area network, or any other type of network is prohibited. If the Publication is stored on Your computer and that computer is accessible to other users on a network, the Publication should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network.
- You must not or allow others to reproduce, copy, merge, adapt, translate, embed, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, send by email, share, upload to a website, assign or otherwise transfer the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication, create derivative works based on the Publication, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on the Publication.
- You and any Authorised User may only use the Publication for review and for the sole purpose of providing any comments on the text of the Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process. You will ensure that You and any Authorised User will only use the Publication for the purpose specified in this Agreement and will not use the Publication for any other purpose.
- For reproduction of the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication for purposes other than as permitted under this Agreement, permission must be sought from Standards Australia.
- The licence in this Agreement will terminate automatically if You or any Authorised User breach this Agreement or fail to comply with any of the conditions in this Agreement. On termination, You agree to destroy and delete all copies of the Publication.
Intellectual Property Rights
You also agree that:
- Standards Australia and its licensors are, and will remain, the owners of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Publication;
- You will not remove, alter or obscure any ownership, copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other marks or legends (including without limitation any digital watermark or other digital rights management tool) on or in the Publication;
- You will protect the security of the Publication in Your possession and preserve the Publication and Standards Australia's Intellectual Property Rights; and
- You will ensure that any Authorised User complies with these terms.
Public comment - Your obligations
As part of its Public Comment process, Standards Australia provides access to draft standards and other technical documents it develops to allow members of the public to provide comments on the text of the draft document. If You or any Authorised User provide comments in response to a Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process (Public Comment Publication), the following additional requirements apply:
- You or any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any content in response to a Public Comment Publication that infringes the copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights of a third party. It is Your responsibility to determine whether the content You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication is suitable for publication. You and any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any material that is inappropriate, defamatory or offensive or is contrary to any applicable laws or standards, or any codes or policies or standardisation guides of Standards Australia, or any other agreement You have with Standards Australia.
- Comments submitted as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process should address the technical content, wording or arrangement of the draft, or editorial matters. Proposed technical changes should be accompanied with supporting reasons.
- Any content, information (including personal information) or files that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be shared with, seen, used by other users, Standards Australia staff or Standards Australia’s third party service providers. Standards Australia cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any access preferences or settings that You may apply.
- Any content that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be used, reproduced, published or modified by Standards Australia without any attribution. You agree to waive and agree to ensure that any Authorised User waives any moral rights that may subsist in the contented submitted to Standards Australia.
- In the case of joint Australian/New Zealand Public Comment Publication, Your or any Authorised User’s personal information may also be disclosed to members of the joint Australian/New Zealand technical committee located in New Zealand and employees and contractors of Standards New Zealand. Your or any Authorised User’s information may also be shared by Standards Australia with third party service providers.
- You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been given by Standards Australia or any person on its behalf in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, utility, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the use of the Publication. You assume all risk of use of the Publication including the risk of infringement of a third party's Intellectual Property Rights. To the extent permitted by law, Standards Australia expressly disclaims all warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law that may relate to a Publication.
- Draft Publications are provided solely for the purpose of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process and are liable to change. Draft Publications are not to be used or relied on for any other purpose. Standards Australia recommends that users only rely on the final published version of any standard or other technical document.
- You agree that Standards Australia has no obligation whatsoever to advise You of any amendments or changes to the Publication or even as to its withdrawal from publication irrespective or the reason for any such amendment, change or withdrawal.
- Standards Australia is not liable to You for any damage or loss whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator), arising in any way out of Your use of the Publication.
- This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales.