Drafts Open for Public Comment
Comment on a Draft Standard
An important stage in the development of an Australian Standard is the Public Comment period. The Public Comment period is usually open for two to three months. Anyone who feels they have something to contribute to a Draft Standard should use the Public Comment Period to provide their view on its provisions. All comments are considered in detail by the relevant Committee and, if necessary, further drafting is undertaken. Individual feedback will not be given by the Committee on the comments provided.
How to submit comments
If the draft you wish to comment on is listed below under "Draft Publication" then click on the corresponding link to "Make a comment". For all other drafts, not listed below, instructions on how to submit comments can be found on the inside cover page of the draft. All Draft publications currently open for Public Comment are available by selecting the "Download draft" button.
Changes to Draft Publication download process
Standards Australia has updated its process for downloading a Draft Standard. Visitors are no longer
required to download the draft from the SAI Global Store. All drafts are now available directly from
Standards Australia by clicking on "Download draft".
In addition, Draft Standards will continue to be made available on the SAI Global Store.
For more information or help regarding how to submit your comments, contact our Standards Information
1800 035 822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Get Draft||Draft Publication||Committee||Comment Close Date||Action|
|Download Draft||SA TS 19883 Safety of pressure swing adsorption systems for hydrogen separation and purification (ISO/TS 19883:2017, MOD)||me-093 Hydrogen Technologies||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1684.2 Residential timber-framed construction, Part 2: Non-cyclonic areas||tm-010 Timber Structures and Framing||03-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1141.21-1997 Amd 1 Methods for sampling and testing aggregates - Aggregate crushing value||ce-012 Aggregates and Rock for Engineering Purposes||04-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1141.6.1-2000 Amd 1 Methods for sampling and testing aggregates - Method 6.1: Particle density and water absorption of coarse aggregate - Weighing-in-water method||ce-012 Aggregates and Rock for Engineering Purposes||04-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.3 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 3: Surface supplied diving to 50m||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1397 Continuous hot-dip metallic coated steel sheet and strip - Coatings of zinc and zinc alloyed with aluminium and magnesium||mt-001 Iron And Steel||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS IEC 61231 International lamp coding system (ILCOS)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||10-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS CISPR 16.1.3 Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and methods, Part 1.3: Radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus - Ancillary equipment - Disturbance power||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||15-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3825 Procedures and devices for the removal, containment and disposal of scalpel blades from scalpel handles.||he-011 Safe Management of Sharps and Healthcare related Wastes||23-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 61347.2.2 Lamp controlgear, Part 2.2: Particular requirements for d.c. or a.c. supplied electronic step-down convertors for filament lamps||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||10-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA/SNZ HB 436.1 Risk management guidelines - Companion to AS ISO 31000:2018, Part 1: Executives and Senior Managers||ob-007 Risk Management||22-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA/SNZ TS ISO/IEC 20748.3 Information technology for learning, education and training — Learning analytics interoperability, Part 3: Guidelines for data interoperability||it-019 Information and Documentation, Information Technology - Learning, Education, Training and Research||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19161.1 Geographic information — Geodetic references, Part 1: The international terrestrial reference system (ITRS)||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||26-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 19136.1 Geographic information — Geography Markup Language (GML), Part 1: Fundamentals||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||24-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19150.4 Geographic information — Ontology, Part 4: Service ontology||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||17-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3001.1 Electrical installations-Transportable structures and supply arrangements, Part 1: Site supplies for transportable structures and vehicles||el-001 Wiring Rules||20-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3133 Approval and test specification - Air-break switches||el-004 Electrical Accessories||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 14687 Hydrogen fuel quality — Product specification||me-093 Hydrogen Technologies||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3959:2018 Amd 2 Construction of buildings in bushfire-prone areas||fp-020 Construction In Bushfire Prone Areas||23-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 20387 Biotechnology — Biobanking — General requirements for biobanking||he-032 Biotechnology||14-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO/ASTM 52910 Additive manufacturing — Design — Requirements, guidelines and recommendations||mb-028 Additive Manufacturing||06-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 13666 Ophthalmic optics - Spectacle lenses - Vocabulary||ms-024 Optics and Ophthalmics||03-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2337.3 Gas cylinder test stations, part 3: transportable gas cylinders – periodic inspection and testing of composite cylinders||me-002 Gas Cylinders||12-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37122 Sustainable cities and communities — Indicators for smart cities||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||08-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 19162 Geographic information — Well-known text representation of coordinate reference systems||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||19-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5156 Electronic speed limit signs||lg-006 Road Traffic Signals||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 61000.6.4 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), Part 6.4: Generic standards - Emission standard for industrial environments||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||10-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5601.1:2013 Amd 4 Gas installations, Part 1: General installations||ag-006 Gas Installation||16-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3001.2 Electrical installations-Transportable structures and supply arrangements, Part 2: Transportable structures and vehicles||el-001 Wiring Rules||20-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.2 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 2: Surface supplied diving to 30m||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 1554.2 Structural steel welding, Part 2: Stud welding (steel studs to steel)||wd-003 Welding Of Structures||03-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.1 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 1: Occupational SCUBA diver||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19130.1 Geographic information — Imagery sensor models for geopositioning, Part 1: Fundamentals||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||17-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1391 Metallic materials - Tensile testing - Method of test at room temperature||mt-006 Mechanical Testing Of Metals||11-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4276.1 Water microbiology, Method 1: General information and procedures (ISO 8199:2018, MOD)||ft-020 Water Microbiology||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 8001 Fraud and corruption control||qr-017 Organizational Governance||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 22734 Hydrogen generators using water electrolysis — Industrial, commercial, and residential applications (ISO 22734:2019, MOD)||me-093 Hydrogen Technologies||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3002 Electrical installations - Shows and carnival events||el-001 Wiring Rules||19-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS CISPR 16.1.4 Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and methods, Part 1.4: Radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus - Antennas and test sites for radiated disturbance measurements||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||07-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19160.4 Addressing, Part 4: International postal address components and template language||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||17-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS CISR 16.1.1 Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and methods, Part 1.1: Radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus - Measuring apparatus||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||24-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 61534.1 Powertrack systems, Part 1: General requirements||el-004 Electrical Accessories||08-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2419.4 Fire hydrant installations, Part 4: Internal lug two-way (Storz) connections for firefighting purposes||fp-009 Fire Hydrant Installations||28-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 14971 Medical devices — Application of risk management to medical devices||he-028 Quality Management and Corresponding General Aspects for Medical Devices||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1684.3 Residential timber-framed construction, Part 3: Cyclonic areas||tm-010 Timber Structures and Framing||03-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19160.3 Addressing, Part 3: Address data quality||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||26-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5601.2 Gas installations Part 2: LP Gas installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes||ag-006 Gas Installation||16-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 19116 Geographic information — Positioning services||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||19-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 16110.2 Hydrogen generators using fuel processing technologies, Part 2: Test methods for performance||me-093 Hydrogen Technologies||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4485.1 Security for health care facilities, Part 1: General requirements||ht-008 Security for Health Care Facilities||22-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3718 Water supply - Tap ware||ws-001 Water and Gas fittings||30-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4485.2 Security for health care facilities, Part 2: Procedures guide||ht-008 Security for Health Care Facilities||22-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2291 Metallic materials - Tensile testing - Method of test at elevated temperature||mt-006 Mechanical Testing Of Metals||11-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS CISPR 16.2.3 Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and methods, Part 2.3: Methods of measurement of disturbances and immunity - Radiated disturbance measurements||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||07-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.4 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 4: Closed bell diver||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 16110.1 Hydrogen generators using fuel processing technologies, Part 1: Safety (ISO 16110-1:2007, MOD)||me-093 Hydrogen Technologies||05-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA TR IEC 63158 Equipment for general lighting purposes - Objective test method for stroboscopic effects of lighting equipment||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||10-06-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO/ASTM 52921 Standard terminology for additive manufacturing — Coordinate systems and test methodologies||mb-028 Additive Manufacturing||06-07-2020||Make a comment|
Standards Australia Limited (ABN 85 087 326 690) (Standards Australia) provides public access to draft standards and other documents for the purpose of obtaining public comment. Standards Australia provides the downloaded Publication(s) to You in PDF format on the following terms and conditions of use (Agreement).
By downloading the Publication(s) and checking the box “I have read and accept the terms of the Document Licence Agreement” and clicking “Accept”, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.1 Authorised User if You are a company: a single end user who is nominated by You to access (including to view) or use the Publication. 1.2 Intellectual Property Rights means all present and future rights conferred by statute, at common law or in equity and wherever existing, including:
(a) patents, designs, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, trademarks, know how, brand names, domain names, inventions, product names, trade secrets and any other rights subsisting in the results of intellectual effort in any field, whether or not registered and capable of registration;
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights;
(c) any registration of any of those rights or any registration of any application referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) all renewals and extensions of these rights.
1.3 Publication the specific draft document or documents downloaded by You. 1.4 You or Your the person who downloaded the Publication.
- By downloading the Publication, You agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect of the Publication. You also agree to ensure that any Authorised User agrees to and will comply with this Agreement.
- You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to a single copy of the Publication in PDF format provided solely for Your (or, if applicable, Your Authorised User’s) use on a single unique computer during the term of the Agreement.
- You may download one copy of the Publication on, and if You are a company permit an Authorised User access to, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by You during the term of the Licence agreement.
- You may print one single copy of Publication from the PDF file, provided it is used for personal viewing only. The Publication, including any printed copy, may not be transferred to or shared with other persons or users other than any Authorised User, or copied or reproduced in any way.
- Concurrent viewing of the Publication on two or more computers or viewing the Publication through a local area network, wide area network, or any other type of network is prohibited. If the Publication is stored on Your computer and that computer is accessible to other users on a network, the Publication should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network.
- You must not or allow others to reproduce, copy, merge, adapt, translate, embed, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, send by email, share, upload to a website, assign or otherwise transfer the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication, create derivative works based on the Publication, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on the Publication.
- You and any Authorised User may only use the Publication for review and for the sole purpose of providing any comments on the text of the Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process. You will ensure that You and any Authorised User will only use the Publication for the purpose specified in this Agreement and will not use the Publication for any other purpose.
- For reproduction of the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication for purposes other than as permitted under this Agreement, permission must be sought from Standards Australia.
- The licence in this Agreement will terminate automatically if You or any Authorised User breach this Agreement or fail to comply with any of the conditions in this Agreement. On termination, You agree to destroy and delete all copies of the Publication.
Intellectual Property Rights
You also agree that:
- Standards Australia and its licensors are, and will remain, the owners of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Publication;
- You will not remove, alter or obscure any ownership, copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other marks or legends (including without limitation any digital watermark or other digital rights management tool) on or in the Publication;
- You will protect the security of the Publication in Your possession and preserve the Publication and Standards Australia's Intellectual Property Rights; and
- You will ensure that any Authorised User complies with these terms.
Public comment - Your obligations
As part of its Public Comment process, Standards Australia provides access to draft standards and other technical documents it develops to allow members of the public to provide comments on the text of the draft document. If You or any Authorised User provide comments in response to a Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process (Public Comment Publication), the following additional requirements apply:
- You or any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any content in response to a Public Comment Publication that infringes the copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights of a third party. It is Your responsibility to determine whether the content You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication is suitable for publication. You and any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any material that is inappropriate, defamatory or offensive or is contrary to any applicable laws or standards, or any codes or policies or standardisation guides of Standards Australia, or any other agreement You have with Standards Australia.
- Comments submitted as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process should address the technical content, wording or arrangement of the draft, or editorial matters. Proposed technical changes should be accompanied with supporting reasons.
- Any content, information (including personal information) or files that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be shared with, seen, used by other users, Standards Australia staff or Standards Australia’s third party service providers. Standards Australia cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any access preferences or settings that You may apply.
- Any content that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be used, reproduced, published or modified by Standards Australia without any attribution. You agree to waive and agree to ensure that any Authorised User waives any moral rights that may subsist in the contented submitted to Standards Australia.
- In the case of joint Australian/New Zealand Public Comment Publication, Your or any Authorised User’s personal information may also be disclosed to members of the joint Australian/New Zealand technical committee located in New Zealand and employees and contractors of Standards New Zealand. Your or any Authorised User’s information may also be shared by Standards Australia with third party service providers.
- You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been given by Standards Australia or any person on its behalf in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, utility, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the use of the Publication. You assume all risk of use of the Publication including the risk of infringement of a third party's Intellectual Property Rights. To the extent permitted by law, Standards Australia expressly disclaims all warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law that may relate to a Publication.
- Draft Publications are provided solely for the purpose of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process and are liable to change. Draft Publications are not to be used or relied on for any other purpose. Standards Australia recommends that users only rely on the final published version of any standard or other technical document.
- You agree that Standards Australia has no obligation whatsoever to advise You of any amendments or changes to the Publication or even as to its withdrawal from publication irrespective or the reason for any such amendment, change or withdrawal.
- Standards Australia is not liable to You for any damage or loss whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator), arising in any way out of Your use of the Publication.
- This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales.