Drafts Open for Public Comment
Comment on a Draft Standard
An important stage in the development of an Australian Standard is the Public Comment period. The Public Comment period is usually open for two to three months. Anyone who feels they have something to contribute to a Draft Standard should use the Public Comment Period to provide their view on its provisions. All comments are considered in detail by the relevant Committee and, if necessary, further drafting is undertaken. Individual feedback will not be given by the Committee on the comments provided.
How to submit comments
If the draft you wish to comment on is listed below under "Draft Publication" then click on the corresponding link to "Make a comment". For all other drafts, not listed below, instructions on how to submit comments can be found on the inside cover page of the draft. All Draft publications currently open for Public Comment are available by selecting the "Download draft" button.
Changes to Draft Publication download process
Standards Australia has updated its process for downloading a Draft Standard. Visitors are no longer
required to download the draft from the SAI Global Store. All drafts are now available directly from
Standards Australia by clicking on "Download draft".
In addition, Draft Standards will continue to be made available on the SAI Global Store.
For more information or help regarding how to submit your comments, contact our Standards Information
1800 035 822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Get Draft||Draft Publication||Committee||Comment Close Date||Action|
|Download Draft||AS 2290.1 Electrical equipment for coal mines - Introduction, inspection and maintenance, Part 1: For hazardous areas||el-023 Electrical Equipment in Mines and Quarries||31-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.5 Amd 3 Amendment 3 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.5: Particular requirements for dishwashers||el-002 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers and Power Supplies||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19976.1 Copper, lead and zinc sulfide concentrates — Determination of cadmium, Part 1: Flame atomic absorption spectrometric method||mn-005 Copper, Lead, Zinc and Nickel Ores and Concentrates||06-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS CISPR 11:2017 AMD 2 Amendment 2 - Industrial scientific and medical equipment - Radio-frequency disturbance characteristics - Limits and methods of measurement||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.3 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 3: Surface supplied diving to 50m||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 4777.2 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters, Part 2: Inverter requirements||el-042 Renewable Energy Power Supply Systems and Equipment||10-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.105 Amd 1 Amendment 1 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.105: Particular requirements for multifunctional shower cabinets||el-002 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers and Power Supplies||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1735.8 Lifts, escalators and moving walks, Part 8: Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Lifts for the transport of persons and goods - Electric lifts with inclined path (EN 81-22:2014, MOD)||me-004 Lift Installations||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.116 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.116: Particular requirements for furniture with electrically motorized parts||el-002 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers and Power Supplies||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1397 Continuous hot-dip metallic coated steel sheet and strip - Coatings of zinc and zinc alloyed with aluminium and magnesium||mt-001 Iron And Steel||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 14889 Amd 1 Amendment 1 - Ophthalmic optics - Spectacle lenses - Fundamental requirements for uncut finished lenses AMENDMENT 1||ms-024 Optics and Ophthalmics||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2753:2018 Amd 1 Adhesives - For bonding gypsum plaster linings to wood and metal framing members||bd-011 Interior Board Linings||18-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS CISPR 16.4.2 Specification for radio disturbance and immunity measuring apparatus and methods, Part 4.2: Uncertainties, statistics and limit modelling - Measurement instrumentation uncertainty||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||07-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.95 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.95: Particular requirements for drives for vertically moving garage doors for residential use||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3825 Procedures and devices for the removal, containment and disposal of scalpel blades from scalpel handles.||he-011 Safe Management of Sharps and Healthcare related Wastes||23-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 4417.2:2014 Amd 5 Regulatory compliance mark for electrical and electronic equipment – Part 2: Specific requirements for particular regulatory applications||qr-012 Conformance Marking to Regulatory Requirements||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 62841.3.9 Electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools and lawn and garden machinery - Safety, Part 3.9: Particular requirements for transportable mitre saws||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA/SNZ HB 436.1 Risk management guidelines - Companion to AS ISO 31000:2018, Part 1: Executives and Senior Managers||ob-007 Risk Management||22-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1141.11.1 Methods for sampling and testing aggregates - Method 11.1: Particle size distribution - Sieving method||ce-012 Aggregates and Rock for Engineering Purposes||17-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.6 Training and certification of occupational divers||sf-017 Occupational Diving||03-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2758.0 Aggregates and rock for engineering purposes - Part 0: Glossary and general series information||ce-012 Aggregates and Rock for Engineering Purposes||01-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.1:2011 Amd 6 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 1: General requirements||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3001.1 Electrical installations-Transportable structures and supply arrangements, Part 1: Site supplies for transportable structures and vehicles||el-001 Wiring Rules||20-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3133 Approval and test specification - Air-break switches||el-004 Electrical Accessories||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 19976.2 Copper, lead and zinc sulfide concentrates — Determination of cadmium, Part 2: Acid digestion and inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometric method||mn-005 Copper, Lead, Zinc and Nickel Ores and Concentrates||06-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3959:2018 Amd 2 Construction of buildings in bushfire-prone areas||fp-020 Construction In Bushfire Prone Areas||23-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 20387 Biotechnology — Biobanking — General requirements for biobanking||he-032 Biotechnology||14-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5329 Workforce data quality||mb-009 Human Resources and Employment||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 29001 Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries – Sector-specific quality management systems – Requirements for product and service supply organizations||me-092 Materials, equipment, structures and related services for petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries||14-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA TR IEC 62669 Case studies supporting IEC 62232 - Determination of RF field strength, power density and SAR in the vicinity of radiocommunication base stations for the purpose of evaluating human exposure||te-007 Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields||14-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 4234 Heated water systems - Calculation of energy consumption||cs-028 Solar Water Heaters||07-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2896 Medical gas systems - Installation and testing of non-flammable medical gas pipeline systems||he-017 Medical Gas Systems||14-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3772 Pre-engineered fire protection systems for cooking equipment||fp-011 Special Hazard Fire Protection Systems||07-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 2299.2 Occupational diving operations, Part 2: Scientific Diving||sf-017 Occupational Diving||03-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.4 Plumbing and drainage, Part 4: Heated water services||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||28-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA/SNZ MP 104 Modelling of heated water systems in accordance with AS/NZS 4234:2xxx, using TRNSYS||cs-028 Solar Water Heaters||07-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3001.2 Electrical installations-Transportable structures and supply arrangements, Part 2: Transportable structures and vehicles||el-001 Wiring Rules||20-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.2 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 2: Surface supplied diving to 30m||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS IEC 60840 Power cables with extruded insulation and their accessories for rated voltages above 30 kV (Um = 36 kV) up to 150 kV (Um = 170kV) - Test methods and requirements||el-003 Electric Wires And Cables||07-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||SA TR IEC 63170 Measurement procedure for the evaluation of power density related to human exposure to radio frequency fields from wireless communication devices operating between 6 GHz and 100 GHz||te-007 Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields||14-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS CISPR 32:2015 AMD 1 Amendment 1 - Electromagnetic compatibility of multimedia equipment - Emission requirements||te-003 Electromagnetic Compatibility||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1735.15 Lifts, escalators and moving walks, Part 15: Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Special lifts for the transport of persons and goods - Vertical lifting platforms intended for use by persons with impaired mobility||me-004 Lift Installations||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1735.4 Lifts, escalators and moving walks, Part 4: Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Electric and hydraulic service lifts||me-004 Lift Installations||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.1 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 1: Occupational SCUBA diver||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4276.3 Water microbiology, Method 3: Enumeration of heterotrophic bacteria — Pour plate, spiral plate, spread plate, membrane filtration and MPN techniques||ft-020 Water Microbiology||20-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.32 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.32: Particular requirements for massage appliances||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2758.5 Aggregates and rock for engineering purposes, Part 5: Specification for Aggregates for asphalt||ce-012 Aggregates and Rock for Engineering Purposes||03-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS IEC 62209.3 Measurement procedure for the assessment of specific absorption rate of human exposure to radio frequency fields from hand-held and body-mounted wireless communication devices, Part 3: Vector measurement-based systems (Frequency range of 600 MHz to 6 GHz)||te-007 Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields||14-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.2 Plumbing and drainage, Part 2: Sanitary plumbing and drainage||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||28-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.103 Amd 2 Amendment 2 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.103: Particular requirements for drives for gates, doors and windows||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4276.1 Water microbiology, Method 1: General information and procedures (ISO 8199:2018, MOD)||ft-020 Water Microbiology||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 8001 Fraud and corruption control||qr-017 Organizational Governance||29-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS EN 301 549 Accessibility requirements for ICT products and services||it-040 ICT Accessibility||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.1 Plumbing and drainage, Part 1: Water services||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||28-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 61534.1 Powertrack systems, Part 1: General requirements||el-004 Electrical Accessories||08-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2419.4 Fire hydrant installations, Part 4: Internal lug two-way (Storz) connections for firefighting purposes||fp-009 Fire Hydrant Installations||28-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4943.1 Digital radio—Terrestrial broadcasting, Part 1: Characteristics of terrestrial digital audio broadcasting (T-DAB+) transmissions||ct-002 Broadcasting and Related Services||04-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 2161.3 Occupational protective gloves Part 3: Protection against mechanical risks||sf-053 Protective Clothing||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.3 Plumbing and drainage, Part 3: Stormwater drainage||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||28-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.97 Amd 1 Amendment 1 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.97: Particular requirements for drives for shutters, awnings, blinds and similar equipment||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60669.1 Switches for household and similar fixed electrical installations, Part 1: General Requirements (IEC 60669-1:2017 (ED 4.0)/COR1:2020 MOD)||el-004 Electrical Accessories||17-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 61558.1:2008 Amd 3 Safety of transformers, power supplies, reactors and similar products – Part 1: General requirements and tests||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 4234 Sup 1 Heated water systems-Calculation of energy consumption-Parameters and outcomes for software simulations(Supplement to AS/NZS 4234:202x)||cs-028 Solar Water Heaters||07-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1735.20 Lifts, escalators and moving walks, Part 20: Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts - Lifts for the transport of persons and goods - New passenger and goods passenger lifts in existing building||me-004 Lift Installations||12-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4563 Commercial catering gas equipment||ag-001 Gas Appliances||04-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 61558.1:2018 Amd 2 Safety of transformers, reactors, power supply units and combinations thereof – Part 1: General requirements and tests||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.0 Plumbing and drainage, Part 0: Glossary of terms||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||17-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1768 Lightning protection||el-024 Protection Against Lightning||07-08-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2815.4 Training and certification of occupational divers, Part 4: Closed bell diver||sf-017 Occupational Diving||10-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4587 Water mist fire protection systems - System design, installation, and commissioning||fp-011 Special Hazard Fire Protection Systems||07-09-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.84 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.84: Particular requirements for toilet appliances||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.90 Amd 1 Amendment 1 - Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety, Part 2.90: Particular requirements for commercial microwave ovens||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.31:2013 Amd 5 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.31: Particular requirements for range hoods and other cooking fume extractors||27-07-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2758.2 Aggregates and rock for engineering purposes, Part 2: Specification for sealing aggregate||ce-012 Aggregates and Rock for Engineering Purposes||25-08-2020||Make a comment|
Standards Australia Limited (ABN 85 087 326 690) (Standards Australia) provides public access to draft standards and other documents for the purpose of obtaining public comment. Standards Australia provides the downloaded Publication(s) to You in PDF format on the following terms and conditions of use (Agreement).
By downloading the Publication(s) and checking the box “I have read and accept the terms of the Document Licence Agreement” and clicking “Accept”, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.1 Authorised User if You are a company: a single end user who is nominated by You to access (including to view) or use the Publication. 1.2 Intellectual Property Rights means all present and future rights conferred by statute, at common law or in equity and wherever existing, including:
(a) patents, designs, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, trademarks, know how, brand names, domain names, inventions, product names, trade secrets and any other rights subsisting in the results of intellectual effort in any field, whether or not registered and capable of registration;
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights;
(c) any registration of any of those rights or any registration of any application referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) all renewals and extensions of these rights.
1.3 Publication the specific draft document or documents downloaded by You. 1.4 You or Your the person who downloaded the Publication.
- By downloading the Publication, You agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect of the Publication. You also agree to ensure that any Authorised User agrees to and will comply with this Agreement.
- You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to a single copy of the Publication in PDF format provided solely for Your (or, if applicable, Your Authorised User’s) use on a single unique computer during the term of the Agreement.
- You may download one copy of the Publication on, and if You are a company permit an Authorised User access to, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by You during the term of the Licence agreement.
- You may print one single copy of Publication from the PDF file, provided it is used for personal viewing only. The Publication, including any printed copy, may not be transferred to or shared with other persons or users other than any Authorised User, or copied or reproduced in any way.
- Concurrent viewing of the Publication on two or more computers or viewing the Publication through a local area network, wide area network, or any other type of network is prohibited. If the Publication is stored on Your computer and that computer is accessible to other users on a network, the Publication should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network.
- You must not or allow others to reproduce, copy, merge, adapt, translate, embed, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, send by email, share, upload to a website, assign or otherwise transfer the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication, create derivative works based on the Publication, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on the Publication.
- You and any Authorised User may only use the Publication for review and for the sole purpose of providing any comments on the text of the Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process. You will ensure that You and any Authorised User will only use the Publication for the purpose specified in this Agreement and will not use the Publication for any other purpose.
- For reproduction of the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication for purposes other than as permitted under this Agreement, permission must be sought from Standards Australia.
- The licence in this Agreement will terminate automatically if You or any Authorised User breach this Agreement or fail to comply with any of the conditions in this Agreement. On termination, You agree to destroy and delete all copies of the Publication.
Intellectual Property Rights
You also agree that:
- Standards Australia and its licensors are, and will remain, the owners of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Publication;
- You will not remove, alter or obscure any ownership, copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other marks or legends (including without limitation any digital watermark or other digital rights management tool) on or in the Publication;
- You will protect the security of the Publication in Your possession and preserve the Publication and Standards Australia's Intellectual Property Rights; and
- You will ensure that any Authorised User complies with these terms.
Public comment - Your obligations
As part of its Public Comment process, Standards Australia provides access to draft standards and other technical documents it develops to allow members of the public to provide comments on the text of the draft document. If You or any Authorised User provide comments in response to a Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process (Public Comment Publication), the following additional requirements apply:
- You or any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any content in response to a Public Comment Publication that infringes the copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights of a third party. It is Your responsibility to determine whether the content You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication is suitable for publication. You and any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any material that is inappropriate, defamatory or offensive or is contrary to any applicable laws or standards, or any codes or policies or standardisation guides of Standards Australia, or any other agreement You have with Standards Australia.
- Comments submitted as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process should address the technical content, wording or arrangement of the draft, or editorial matters. Proposed technical changes should be accompanied with supporting reasons.
- Any content, information (including personal information) or files that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be shared with, seen, used by other users, Standards Australia staff or Standards Australia’s third party service providers. Standards Australia cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any access preferences or settings that You may apply.
- Any content that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be used, reproduced, published or modified by Standards Australia without any attribution. You agree to waive and agree to ensure that any Authorised User waives any moral rights that may subsist in the contented submitted to Standards Australia.
- In the case of joint Australian/New Zealand Public Comment Publication, Your or any Authorised User’s personal information may also be disclosed to members of the joint Australian/New Zealand technical committee located in New Zealand and employees and contractors of Standards New Zealand. Your or any Authorised User’s information may also be shared by Standards Australia with third party service providers.
- You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been given by Standards Australia or any person on its behalf in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, utility, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the use of the Publication. You assume all risk of use of the Publication including the risk of infringement of a third party's Intellectual Property Rights. To the extent permitted by law, Standards Australia expressly disclaims all warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law that may relate to a Publication.
- Draft Publications are provided solely for the purpose of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process and are liable to change. Draft Publications are not to be used or relied on for any other purpose. Standards Australia recommends that users only rely on the final published version of any standard or other technical document.
- You agree that Standards Australia has no obligation whatsoever to advise You of any amendments or changes to the Publication or even as to its withdrawal from publication irrespective or the reason for any such amendment, change or withdrawal.
- Standards Australia is not liable to You for any damage or loss whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator), arising in any way out of Your use of the Publication.
- This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales.