Drafts Open for Public Comment
Comment on a Draft Standard
An important stage in the development of an Australian Standard is the Public Comment period. The Public Comment period is usually open for two to three months. Anyone who feels they have something to contribute to a Draft Standard should use the Public Comment Period to provide their view on its provisions. All comments are considered in detail by the relevant Committee and, if necessary, further drafting is undertaken. Individual feedback will not be given by the Committee on the comments provided.
How to submit comments
If the draft you wish to comment on is listed below under "Draft Publication" then click on the corresponding link to "Make a comment". For all other drafts, not listed below, instructions on how to submit comments can be found on the inside cover page of the draft. All Draft publications currently open for Public Comment are available by selecting the "Download draft" button.
Changes to Draft Publication download process
Standards Australia has updated its process for downloading a Draft Standard. Visitors are no longer
required to download the draft from the SAI Global Store. All drafts are now available directly from
Standards Australia by clicking on "Download draft".
In addition, Draft Standards will continue to be made available on the SAI Global Store.
For more information or help regarding how to submit your comments, contact our Standards Information
1800 035 822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Get Draft||Draft Publication||Committee||Comment Close Date||Action|
|Download Draft||AS 3515.1 Gold and gold bearing alloys, Part 1: Determination of gold content (less than 30%) - Gravimetric (fire assay) method||ch-010 Analysis Of Metals||31-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5006.1 Silver and silver bearing alloys, Part 1: Determination of silver content (0.1% to 99.9%) - Titrimetric (potentiometric) method||ch-010 Analysis Of Metals||24-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 61347.2.9 Lamp Controlgear - Part 2.9: Particular requirements for electromagnetic controlgear for discharge lamps (excluding fluorescent lamps) (IEC 61347-2-9:2012 (ED. 2.0), MOD)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||12-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.8 Fire detection and alarm systems Part 8: Point-type fire detectors using a carbon monoxide sensor in combination with a heat sensor||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.18 Fire detection and alarm systems Part 18: Input/output devices||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 61048 Auxiliaries for lamps - Capacitors for use in tubular fluorescent and other discharge lamp circuits - General safety requirements (IEC 61048 Ed 2.0 2006 MOD)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||26-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 1891.3 Personal Equipment for Work at Height, Part3: Fall arrest devices||sf-015 Industrial Height Safety Equipment||11-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5263.1.12 Gas appliances, Part 1.12: Gas pool heaters||ag-001 Gas Appliances||21-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.5 Fire Detection and Alarm Systems, Part 5: Point-type heat detectors||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 2455.1 Textile floor coverings - Installation practice - General||tx-009 Carpets||11-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5006.2 Silver and silver bearing alloys, Part 2: Determination of silver content (0.1% to 99.9%) - Gravimetric (fire assay) method||ch-010 Analysis Of Metals||24-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1891.5 Personal Equipment for Work at Height, Part5: Lanyard assemblies and pole straps||sf-015 Industrial Height Safety Equipment||15-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.11 Fire detection and alarm systems Part 11: Manual Call Points||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 80601.2.30 Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-30: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of automated non-invasive sphygmomanometers||he-003 Medical Electrical Equipment||02-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3850.1:2015 Amd 1 Prefabricated concrete elements - General requirements||bd-066 Prefabricated Concrete Elements||24-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.24 Fire detection and alarm systems Part 24: Fire alarm loudspeakers||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 62054.11 Electricity metering equipment (a.c.) - Tariff and load control - Part 11: Particular requirements for electronic ripple control receivers||el-011 Electricity Metering Equipment||25-09-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60598.2.5 Luminaires - Part 2.5: Particular requirements - Floodlights (IEC 60598-2-5:2015 (ED. 3.0), MOD)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||12-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3515.2 Gold and gold bearing alloys, Part 2: Determination of gold content (30% to 99.5%) - Gravimetric (fire assay) method||ch-010 Analysis Of Metals||31-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.10 Fire detection and alarm systems Part 10: Point-type flame detectors||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS IEC 60060.2 High-voltage test techniques - Part 2: Measuring systems||el-007 Power Switchgear||16-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 61347.2.10 Lamp controlgear - Part 2-10: Particular requirements for electronic invertors and convertors for high-frequency operation of cold start tubular discharge lamps (neon tubes) (IEC 61347-2-10:2009 (ED. 1.1) MOD)||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||12-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 10005 Quality management - Guidelines for quality plans||qr-008 Quality Systems||15-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5213 Density tracer testing for measuring performance of coal density separators||mn-001 Coal and Coke||01-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4685.0:2017 Amd 1 Playground equipment and surfacing, Part 0: Development, installation, inspection, maintenance and operation||cs-005 Playground Equipment||13-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2890.2 Parking facilities - Off-street commercial vehicle facilities||ce-001 Parking Facilities||19-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3515.3 Gold and gold bearing alloys, Part 3: Determination of gold content (greater than 99.5%) - Gravimetric (fire assay) method||ch-010 Analysis Of Metals||31-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3547 Breath alcohol testing devices for personal use||cs-077 Breath Alcohol Testing Devices||04-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS IEC 60060.1 High-voltage test techniques - Part 1: General definitions and test requirements||el-007 Power Switchgear||25-09-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 2455.2 Textile floor coverings - Installation practice - Carpet tiles||tx-009 Carpets||11-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5488.1 Classification of subsurface utility information (SUI), Part 1: Subsurface utility information||it-036 Subsurface Utility Engineering Information||10-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS IEC 62053.61 Electricity metering equipment (a.c.) - Particular requirements, Part 61: Power consumption and voltage requirements||el-011 Electricity Metering Equipment||15-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 7240.1 Fire detection and alarm systems, Part 1: General and definitions||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||02-11-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 1891.1 Personal Equipment for Work at Height, Part 1: Manufacturing requirements for full body combination and lower body harnesses||sf-015 Industrial Height Safety Equipment||11-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5488.2 Classification of subsurface utility information, Part 2: Subsurface utility engineering||it-036 Subsurface Utility Engineering Information||10-10-2018||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 62054.21 Electricity metering (AC) - Tariff and load control - Part 21: Particular requirements for time switches||el-011 Electricity Metering Equipment||25-09-2018||Make a comment|
Standards Australia Limited (ABN 85 087 326 690) (Standards Australia) provides public access to draft standards and other documents for the purpose of obtaining public comment. Standards Australia provides the downloaded Publication(s) to You in PDF format on the following terms and conditions of use (Agreement).
By downloading the Publication(s) and checking the box “I have read and accept the terms of the Document Licence Agreement” and clicking “Accept”, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.1 Authorised User if You are a company: a single end user who is nominated by You to access (including to view) or use the Publication. 1.2 Intellectual Property Rights means all present and future rights conferred by statute, at common law or in equity and wherever existing, including:
(a) patents, designs, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, trademarks, know how, brand names, domain names, inventions, product names, trade secrets and any other rights subsisting in the results of intellectual effort in any field, whether or not registered and capable of registration;
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights;
(c) any registration of any of those rights or any registration of any application referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) all renewals and extensions of these rights.
1.3 Publication the specific draft document or documents downloaded by You. 1.4 You or Your the person who downloaded the Publication.
- By downloading the Publication, You agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect of the Publication. You also agree to ensure that any Authorised User agrees to and will comply with this Agreement.
- You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to a single copy of the Publication in PDF format provided solely for Your (or, if applicable, Your Authorised User’s) use on a single unique computer during the term of the Agreement.
- You may download one copy of the Publication on, and if You are a company permit an Authorised User access to, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by You during the term of the Licence agreement.
- You may print one single copy of Publication from the PDF file, provided it is used for personal viewing only. The Publication, including any printed copy, may not be transferred to or shared with other persons or users other than any Authorised User, or copied or reproduced in any way.
- Concurrent viewing of the Publication on two or more computers or viewing the Publication through a local area network, wide area network, or any other type of network is prohibited. If the Publication is stored on Your computer and that computer is accessible to other users on a network, the Publication should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network.
- You must not or allow others to reproduce, copy, merge, adapt, translate, embed, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, send by email, share, upload to a website, assign or otherwise transfer the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication, create derivative works based on the Publication, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on the Publication.
- You and any Authorised User may only use the Publication for review and for the sole purpose of providing any comments on the text of the Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process. You will ensure that You and any Authorised User will only use the Publication for the purpose specified in this Agreement and will not use the Publication for any other purpose.
- For reproduction of the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication for purposes other than as permitted under this Agreement, permission must be sought from Standards Australia.
- The licence in this Agreement will terminate automatically if You or any Authorised User breach this Agreement or fail to comply with any of the conditions in this Agreement. On termination, You agree to destroy and delete all copies of the Publication.
Intellectual Property Rights
You also agree that:
- Standards Australia and its licensors are, and will remain, the owners of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Publication;
- You will not remove, alter or obscure any ownership, copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other marks or legends (including without limitation any digital watermark or other digital rights management tool) on or in the Publication;
- You will protect the security of the Publication in Your possession and preserve the Publication and Standards Australia's Intellectual Property Rights; and
- You will ensure that any Authorised User complies with these terms.
Public comment - Your obligations
As part of its Public Comment process, Standards Australia provides access to draft standards and other technical documents it develops to allow members of the public to provide comments on the text of the draft document. If You or any Authorised User provide comments in response to a Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process (Public Comment Publication), the following additional requirements apply:
- You or any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any content in response to a Public Comment Publication that infringes the copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights of a third party. It is Your responsibility to determine whether the content You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication is suitable for publication. You and any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any material that is inappropriate, defamatory or offensive or is contrary to any applicable laws or standards, or any codes or policies or standardisation guides of Standards Australia, or any other agreement You have with Standards Australia.
- Comments submitted as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process should address the technical content, wording or arrangement of the draft, or editorial matters. Proposed technical changes should be accompanied with supporting reasons.
- Any content, information (including personal information) or files that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be shared with, seen, used by other users, Standards Australia staff or Standards Australia’s third party service providers. Standards Australia cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any access preferences or settings that You may apply.
- Any content that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be used, reproduced, published or modified by Standards Australia without any attribution. You agree to waive and agree to ensure that any Authorised User waives any moral rights that may subsist in the contented submitted to Standards Australia.
- In the case of joint Australian/New Zealand Public Comment Publication, Your or any Authorised User’s personal information may also be disclosed to members of the joint Australian/New Zealand technical committee located in New Zealand and employees and contractors of Standards New Zealand. Your or any Authorised User’s information may also be shared by Standards Australia with third party service providers.
- You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been given by Standards Australia or any person on its behalf in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, utility, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the use of the Publication. You assume all risk of use of the Publication including the risk of infringement of a third party's Intellectual Property Rights. To the extent permitted by law, Standards Australia expressly disclaims all warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law that may relate to a Publication.
- Draft Publications are provided solely for the purpose of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process and are liable to change. Draft Publications are not to be used or relied on for any other purpose. Standards Australia recommends that users only rely on the final published version of any standard or other technical document.
- You agree that Standards Australia has no obligation whatsoever to advise You of any amendments or changes to the Publication or even as to its withdrawal from publication irrespective or the reason for any such amendment, change or withdrawal.
- Standards Australia is not liable to You for any damage or loss whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator), arising in any way out of Your use of the Publication.
- This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales.