Drafts Open for Public Comment
Comment on a Draft Standard
An important stage in the development of an Australian Standard is the Public Comment period. The Public Comment period is usually open for two to three months. Anyone who feels they have something to contribute to a Draft Standard should use the Public Comment Period to provide their view on its provisions. All comments are considered in detail by the relevant Committee and, if necessary, further drafting is undertaken. Individual feedback will not be given by the Committee on the comments provided.
How to submit comments
If the draft you wish to comment on is listed below under "Draft Publication" then click on the corresponding link to "Make a comment". For all other drafts, not listed below, instructions on how to submit comments can be found on the inside cover page of the draft. All Draft publications currently open for Public Comment are available by selecting the "Download draft" button.
Changes to Draft Publication download process
Standards Australia has updated its process for downloading a Draft Standard. Visitors are no longer
required to download the draft from the SAI Global Store. All drafts are now available directly from
Standards Australia by clicking on "Download draft".
In addition, Draft Standards will continue to be made available on the SAI Global Store.
For more information or help regarding how to submit your comments, contact our Standards Information
1800 035 822 or email@example.com
|Get Draft||Draft Publication||Committee||Comment Close Date||Action|
|Download Draft||AS 4067:2012 Amd 2 Protective helmets for structural firefighting||sf-049 Firefighters Personal Protective Equipment||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.96 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.96: Particular requirements for flexible sheet heating elements for room heating||el-002 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers and Power Supplies||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3564.1 Automotive repairs - Terminology, Part 1: Automatic transmission||cs-078 Automotive Repairs Terminology||07-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37123 Sustainable cities and communities - Indicators for resilient cities||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 10545.1 Ceramic tiles, Part 1: Sampling and basis for acceptance||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 10545.2 Ceramic tiles, Part 2: Determination of dimensions and surface quality||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.31:2013 Amd 4 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.31: Particular requirements for range hoods and other cooking fume extractors||el-002 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers and Power Supplies||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5013.24.1 Food microbiology, Method 24.1: Microbiology of the food chain — Horizontal method for the detection and enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes and of Listeria spp. — Detection method (ISO 11290-1:2017, MOD)||ft-035 Food Microbiology||09-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.14:2017 Amd 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.14: Particular requirements for kitchen machines||el-002 Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances and Small Power Transformers and Power Supplies||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2676.2 Installation, maintenance, testing and replacement of secondary batteries in buildings, Part 2: Sealed cells||el-005 Secondary Batteries||13-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3123-2005 Amd 1 Approval and test specification - Plugs, socket-outlets and couplers for general industrial application||el-004 Electrical Accessories||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.89 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.89: Particular requirements for commercial refrigerating appliances and ice-makers with an incorporated or remote refrigerant unit or motor-compressor||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 10545.3 Ceramic tiles, Part 3: Determination of water absorption, apparent porosity, apparent relative density and bulk density||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 10545.4 Ceramic tiles, Part 4: Determination of modulus of rupture and breaking strength||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 13007.5 Ceramic tiles — Grouts and adhesives, Part 5: Requirements, test methods, evaluation of conformity, classification and designation of liquid-applied waterproofing membranes for use beneath ceramic tiling bonded with adhesives||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 10545.9 Ceramic tiles, Part 9: Determination of resistance to thermal shock||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2473.1:2006 Amd 1 Valves for compressed gas cylinders - Specifications, type testing, and manufacturing tests and inspections||me-002 Gas Cylinders||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.4 Amd 2 Plumbing and drainage, Part 4: Heated water services||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||16-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4233.2:2013 Amd 1 High pressure water jetting systems, Part 2: Construction and performance||sf-043 High Pressure Water Safety||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.51 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.51: Particular requirements for stationary circulation pumps for heating and service water installations||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1603.17 Automatic fire detection and alarm systems, ¿Part 17: Warning equipment for people with hearing impairment||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4428.16 Fire detection, warning, control and intercom systems - Control and indicating equipment, Part 16: Emergency warning control and indicating equipment||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||21-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2676.1 Installation, maintenance, testing and replacement of secondary batteries in or on buildings, Part 1: Vented cells||el-005 Secondary Batteries||13-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.29:2017 Amd 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.29: Particular requirements for battery chargers||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.7 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.7: Particular requirements for washing machines||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 14448 Low modulus adhesives for exterior tile finishing||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.11 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.11: Particular requirements for tumble dryers||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37120 Sustainable cities and communities - Indicators for city services and quality of life||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1218.104.22.168 Methods of testing soils for engineering purposes - Soil strength and consolidation tests - Determination of shear strength of a soil - Direct shear test using a shear box||ce-009 Testing Of Soils For Engineering Purposes||20-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1249:2014 Amd 3 Children's nightwear and limited daywear having reduced fire hazard||cs-086 Burning Behaviour - Textile Products, Floor Coverings and Furniture||18-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 62841.3.4:2017 Amd 1 Electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools and lawn and garden machinery – Safety – Part 3.4: Particular requirements for transportable bench grinders.||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5131:2016 Amd 1 Fabrication and Erection of Steel Structures||bd-001 Steel Structures||14-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.17:2012 Amd 2 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.17: Particular requirements for blankets, pads, clothing and similar flexible heating appliances||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.80:2016 Amd 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.80: Particular requirements for fans||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO/IEC 12785-1 Amd 1 Amendment 1 - Information technology - Learning, education, and training - Content packaging||it-019 Information and Documentation, Information Technology - Learning, Education, Training and Research||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 13007.1 Ceramic Tiles - Grouts and Adhesives, Part 1: Terms, Definitions and Specifications for Adhesives||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5601.2 Gas installations Part 2: LP Gas installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes||ag-006 Gas Installation||30-01-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4627:2017 Amd 1 Quick-connect devices for gas||ag-013 Components used for Gas Appliances and Equipment||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4233.1:2013 Amd 1 High pressure water jetting systems, Part 1: Safe operation and maintenance||sf-043 High Pressure Water Safety||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 13006 Ceramic tiles, Definitions, classification, characteristics and marking||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 10545.8 Ceramic tiles, Part 8: Determination of linear thermal expansion||bd-044 Fixing of Ceramic, Natural and Reconstituted Stone Tiles||17-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2473.2:2015 Amd 1 Valves for compressed gas cylinders, Part 2: Outlet connections (threaded) and stem (inlet) threads||me-002 Gas Cylinders||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37101 Sustainable development in communities — Management system for sustainable development — Requirements with guidance for use||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.2 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.2: Particular requirements for vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5013.24.2 Food microbiology, Method 24.2: Microbiology of the food chain — Horizontal method for the detection and enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes and of Listeria spp. — Enumeration method (ISO 11290-2:2017, MOD)||ft-035 Food Microbiology||09-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 19107 Geographic information - Spatial schema||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.23:2017 Amd 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.23: Particular requirements for appliances for skin or hair care||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1892.5 Portable Ladders, Part 5: Selection, safe use and care||sf-034 Portable Ladders||10-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.107 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.107: Particular requirements for robotic battery powered electrical lawnmowers||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.27 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.27: Particular requirements for appliances for skin exposure to optical radiation||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.9 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.9: Particular requirements for grills, toasters and similar portable cooking appliances||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60335.2.54:2010 Amd 3 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.54: Particular requirements for surface-cleaning appliances for household use employing liquids or steam||03-02-2020||Make a comment|
Standards Australia Limited (ABN 85 087 326 690) (Standards Australia) provides public access to draft standards and other documents for the purpose of obtaining public comment. Standards Australia provides the downloaded Publication(s) to You in PDF format on the following terms and conditions of use (Agreement).
By downloading the Publication(s) and checking the box “I have read and accept the terms of the Document Licence Agreement” and clicking “Accept”, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.1 Authorised User if You are a company: a single end user who is nominated by You to access (including to view) or use the Publication. 1.2 Intellectual Property Rights means all present and future rights conferred by statute, at common law or in equity and wherever existing, including:
(a) patents, designs, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, trademarks, know how, brand names, domain names, inventions, product names, trade secrets and any other rights subsisting in the results of intellectual effort in any field, whether or not registered and capable of registration;
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights;
(c) any registration of any of those rights or any registration of any application referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) all renewals and extensions of these rights.
1.3 Publication the specific draft document or documents downloaded by You. 1.4 You or Your the person who downloaded the Publication.
- By downloading the Publication, You agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect of the Publication. You also agree to ensure that any Authorised User agrees to and will comply with this Agreement.
- You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to a single copy of the Publication in PDF format provided solely for Your (or, if applicable, Your Authorised User’s) use on a single unique computer during the term of the Agreement.
- You may download one copy of the Publication on, and if You are a company permit an Authorised User access to, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by You during the term of the Licence agreement.
- You may print one single copy of Publication from the PDF file, provided it is used for personal viewing only. The Publication, including any printed copy, may not be transferred to or shared with other persons or users other than any Authorised User, or copied or reproduced in any way.
- Concurrent viewing of the Publication on two or more computers or viewing the Publication through a local area network, wide area network, or any other type of network is prohibited. If the Publication is stored on Your computer and that computer is accessible to other users on a network, the Publication should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network.
- You must not or allow others to reproduce, copy, merge, adapt, translate, embed, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, send by email, share, upload to a website, assign or otherwise transfer the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication, create derivative works based on the Publication, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on the Publication.
- You and any Authorised User may only use the Publication for review and for the sole purpose of providing any comments on the text of the Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process. You will ensure that You and any Authorised User will only use the Publication for the purpose specified in this Agreement and will not use the Publication for any other purpose.
- For reproduction of the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication for purposes other than as permitted under this Agreement, permission must be sought from Standards Australia.
- The licence in this Agreement will terminate automatically if You or any Authorised User breach this Agreement or fail to comply with any of the conditions in this Agreement. On termination, You agree to destroy and delete all copies of the Publication.
Intellectual Property Rights
You also agree that:
- Standards Australia and its licensors are, and will remain, the owners of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Publication;
- You will not remove, alter or obscure any ownership, copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other marks or legends (including without limitation any digital watermark or other digital rights management tool) on or in the Publication;
- You will protect the security of the Publication in Your possession and preserve the Publication and Standards Australia's Intellectual Property Rights; and
- You will ensure that any Authorised User complies with these terms.
Public comment - Your obligations
As part of its Public Comment process, Standards Australia provides access to draft standards and other technical documents it develops to allow members of the public to provide comments on the text of the draft document. If You or any Authorised User provide comments in response to a Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process (Public Comment Publication), the following additional requirements apply:
- You or any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any content in response to a Public Comment Publication that infringes the copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights of a third party. It is Your responsibility to determine whether the content You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication is suitable for publication. You and any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any material that is inappropriate, defamatory or offensive or is contrary to any applicable laws or standards, or any codes or policies or standardisation guides of Standards Australia, or any other agreement You have with Standards Australia.
- Comments submitted as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process should address the technical content, wording or arrangement of the draft, or editorial matters. Proposed technical changes should be accompanied with supporting reasons.
- Any content, information (including personal information) or files that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be shared with, seen, used by other users, Standards Australia staff or Standards Australia’s third party service providers. Standards Australia cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any access preferences or settings that You may apply.
- Any content that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be used, reproduced, published or modified by Standards Australia without any attribution. You agree to waive and agree to ensure that any Authorised User waives any moral rights that may subsist in the contented submitted to Standards Australia.
- In the case of joint Australian/New Zealand Public Comment Publication, Your or any Authorised User’s personal information may also be disclosed to members of the joint Australian/New Zealand technical committee located in New Zealand and employees and contractors of Standards New Zealand. Your or any Authorised User’s information may also be shared by Standards Australia with third party service providers.
- You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been given by Standards Australia or any person on its behalf in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, utility, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the use of the Publication. You assume all risk of use of the Publication including the risk of infringement of a third party's Intellectual Property Rights. To the extent permitted by law, Standards Australia expressly disclaims all warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law that may relate to a Publication.
- Draft Publications are provided solely for the purpose of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process and are liable to change. Draft Publications are not to be used or relied on for any other purpose. Standards Australia recommends that users only rely on the final published version of any standard or other technical document.
- You agree that Standards Australia has no obligation whatsoever to advise You of any amendments or changes to the Publication or even as to its withdrawal from publication irrespective or the reason for any such amendment, change or withdrawal.
- Standards Australia is not liable to You for any damage or loss whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator), arising in any way out of Your use of the Publication.
- This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales.