Drafts Open for Public Comment
Comment on a Draft Standard
An important stage in the development of an Australian Standard is the Public Comment period. The Public Comment period is usually open for two to three months. Anyone who feels they have something to contribute to a Draft Standard should use the Public Comment Period to provide their view on its provisions. All comments are considered in detail by the relevant Committee and, if necessary, further drafting is undertaken. Individual feedback will not be given by the Committee on the comments provided.
How to submit comments
If the draft you wish to comment on is listed below under "Draft Publication" then click on the corresponding link to "Make a comment". For all other drafts, not listed below, instructions on how to submit comments can be found on the inside cover page of the draft. All Draft publications currently open for Public Comment are available by selecting the "Download draft" button.
Changes to Draft Publication download process
Standards Australia has updated its process for downloading a Draft Standard. Visitors are no longer
required to download the draft from the SAI Global Store. All drafts are now available directly from
Standards Australia by clicking on "Download draft".
In addition, Draft Standards will continue to be made available on the SAI Global Store.
For more information or help regarding how to submit your comments, contact our Standards Information
1800 035 822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Get Draft||Draft Publication||Committee||Comment Close Date||Action|
|Download Draft||AS 4067:2012 Amd 2 Protective helmets for structural firefighting||sf-049 Firefighters Personal Protective Equipment||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37123 Sustainable cities and communities - Indicators for resilient cities||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1807 Separative devices, including horizontal and vertical HEPA filtered controlled air workstations, biological safety cabinets, cytotoxic drug safety cabinets, isolators and mobile HEPA filtered pressurised units — Methods of test||me-060 Controlled Environment||22-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5013.24.1 Food microbiology, Method 24.1: Microbiology of the food chain — Horizontal method for the detection and enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes and of Listeria spp. — Detection method (ISO 11290-1:2017, MOD)||ft-035 Food Microbiology||09-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5222 Cranes - Wind load assessment (ISO 4302:2016, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1571 Copper - Seamless tubes for airconditioning and refrigeration||mt-002 Copper And Copper Alloys||13-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1012.20.3 Determination of the fibre content of fresh concrete - Wash-Out Test||bd-042 Methods Of Testing Concrete||13-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3123-2005 Amd 1 Approval and test specification - Plugs, socket-outlets and couplers for general industrial application||el-004 Electrical Accessories||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5236.1 Cranes - Limiting and indicating devices, Part 1: General (ISO 10245-1:2008, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60598.1:2017 Amd 2 Luminaires -Part 1: General requirements and tests||el-041 Lamps and Related Equipment||07-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5227.1 Cranes - Requirements for mechanisms, Part 1: General (ISO 10972-1:1998, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5263.1.7 Gas appliances, Part 1.7: Domestic outdoor gas cooking appliances||ag-001 Gas Appliances||14-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2473.1:2006 Amd 1 Valves for compressed gas cylinders - Specifications, type testing, and manufacturing tests and inspections||me-002 Gas Cylinders||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 3500.4 Amd 2 Plumbing and drainage, Part 4: Heated water services||ws-014 Plumbing and Drainage||16-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4233.2:2013 Amd 1 High pressure water jetting systems, Part 2: Construction and performance||sf-043 High Pressure Water Safety||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1603.17 Automatic fire detection and alarm systems, ¿Part 17: Warning equipment for people with hearing impairment||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4428.16 Fire detection, warning, control and intercom systems - Control and indicating equipment, Part 16: Emergency warning control and indicating equipment||fp-002 Fire Detection, Warning, Control and Intercom Systems||21-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5220.1 Cranes - Vocabulary, Part 1: General (ISO 4306-1:2007, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1742.4 Manual of uniform traffic control devices - Part 4: Speed controls||ms-012 Road Signs And Traffic Signals||02-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 4130:2018 Amd 1 Polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications||pl-006 Polyolefin Pipe Systems||13-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5226.1 Cranes - Anchoring devices for in-service and out-of-service conditions, Part 1: General (ISO 12210-1:1998, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37120 Sustainable cities and communities - Indicators for city services and quality of life||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 12184.108.40.206 Methods of testing soils for engineering purposes - Soil strength and consolidation tests - Determination of shear strength of a soil - Direct shear test using a shear box||ce-009 Testing Of Soils For Engineering Purposes||20-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5230 Safety of machinery - Electrical equipment of machines, Part 32: Requirements for hoisting machines (IEC 60204-32, Edition 2.0, 2008-03, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5238.1 Cranes - Cabins and control stations, Part 1: General (ISO 8566-1:2010, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60079.32.2 Explosive atmospheres, Part 32.2: Electrostatics hazards - Tests||el-014 Equipment for Explosive Atmospheres||18-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5224 Cranes - Proof of competence of steel structures (ISO 20332:2016, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5225 Cranes other than mobile and floating cranes - General requirements for stability (ISO 4304:1987, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1418.1 Cranes, hoists and winches - General requirements||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 1337.0 Personal protective equipment, Part 0: Eye and face protection - Vocabulary||sf-006 Eye and Face Protection||18-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5229.1 Cranes - Tolerances for wheels and travel and traversing tracks, Part 1: General (ISO 12488-1:2012, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1891.5 Personal Equipment for Work at Height, Part 5: Lanyard assemblies and pole straps||sf-015 Industrial Height Safety Equipment||07-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1301.457 Methods of test for pulp and paper - Determination of moisture content in paper, board and pulps||pk-019 Methods of Test for Pulp and Paper||22-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 80079.34 Explosive atmospheres, Part 34: Application of quality systems for equipment manufacture||el-014 Equipment for Explosive Atmospheres||24-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 3568 Oils for reducing the viscosity of bituminous binders for pavements||ch-025 Bitumen and Related Products (for Roadmaking)||31-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5242 Cranes - Test code and procedures (ISO 4310:2009, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2788 Pneumatic fluid power - General rules and safety requirements for systems and their components (ISO 4414:2010, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5221.1 Cranes - Design principles for loads and load combinations, Part 1: General (ISO 8686-1:2012, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5237 Cranes - Safety signs and hazard pictorials - General principles (ISO 13200:1995, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4627:2017 Amd 1 Quick-connect devices for gas||ag-013 Components used for Gas Appliances and Equipment||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 4233.1:2013 Amd 1 High pressure water jetting systems, Part 1: Safe operation and maintenance||sf-043 High Pressure Water Safety||19-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO/IEC 20000.2 Information technology — Service management, Part 2: Guidance on the application of service management systems||it-030 ICT Governance and Management||18-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 60669.1 Switches for household and similar fixed electrical installations, Part 1: General Requirements||el-004 Electrical Accessories||07-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 15836.2 Information and documentation - The Dublin Core metadata element set - Part 2: DCMI Properties and classes (New Part 1 was adopted)||it-019 Information and Documentation, Information Technology - Learning, Education, Training and Research||18-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO ASME 14414 Pump system energy assessment||me-030 Pumps||18-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2671 Hydraulic fluid power - General rules and safety requirements for systems and their components (ISO 4413:2010, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2473.2:2015 Amd 1 Valves for compressed gas cylinders, Part 2: Outlet connections (threaded) and stem (inlet) threads||me-002 Gas Cylinders||12-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS ISO 37101 Sustainable development in communities — Management system for sustainable development — Requirements with guidance for use||jt-001 JTC 1 Strategic Advisory Committee||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5234.1 Cranes - Control layout and characteristics, Part 1: General principles (ISO 7752-1:2010 and Amd. 1:2012, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5013.24.2 Food microbiology, Method 24.2: Microbiology of the food chain — Horizontal method for the detection and enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes and of Listeria spp. — Enumeration method (ISO 11290-2:2017, MOD)||ft-035 Food Microbiology||09-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5013.26 Food microbiology, Method 26: Microbiology of food and animal feeding stuffs - Horizontal method for the detection of Escherichia coli O157 (ISO 16654:2001/Amd.1:2017, MOD)||ft-035 Food Microbiology||02-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO 19107 Geographic information - Spatial schema||it-004 Geographical Information/Geomatics||25-02-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 1892.5 Portable Ladders, Part 5: Selection, safe use and care||sf-034 Portable Ladders||10-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5235.1 Cranes - Information Labels, Part 1: General (ISO 9942-1:2015, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 2885.3 Pipelines - Gas and liquid petroleum - Operation and maintenance||me-038 Petroleum Pipelines||01-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5246.1 Cranes - Classification, Part 1: General (ISO 4301-1:2016, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 5263.0:2017 Amd 1 Gas appliances, Part 0: General requirements||ag-001 Gas Appliances||14-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5240.1 Cranes - Access guards and restraints, Part 1: General (ISO 11660-1:2008, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS 1891.1 Personal Equipment for Work at Height, Part 1: Manufacturing requirements for full body combination and lower body harnesses||sf-015 Industrial Height Safety Equipment||07-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS/NZS ISO/IEC 20000.3 Information technology — Service management, Part 3: Guidance on scope definition and applicability of ISO/IEC 20000-1||it-030 ICT Governance and Management||18-03-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5228.1 Cranes - Design calculation for rail wheels and associated trolley track supporting structure, Part 1: General (ISO 16881-1:2005, MOD)||me-005 Cranes||06-04-2020||Make a comment|
|Download Draft||AS 5233.1 Cranes - Graphic symbols, Part 1: General (ISO 7296-1:1991, Amd.No 1:1996)||me-005 Cranes||16-03-2020||Make a comment|
Standards Australia Limited (ABN 85 087 326 690) (Standards Australia) provides public access to draft standards and other documents for the purpose of obtaining public comment. Standards Australia provides the downloaded Publication(s) to You in PDF format on the following terms and conditions of use (Agreement).
By downloading the Publication(s) and checking the box “I have read and accept the terms of the Document Licence Agreement” and clicking “Accept”, You accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1.1 Authorised User if You are a company: a single end user who is nominated by You to access (including to view) or use the Publication. 1.2 Intellectual Property Rights means all present and future rights conferred by statute, at common law or in equity and wherever existing, including:
(a) patents, designs, copyright, rights in circuit layouts, trademarks, know how, brand names, domain names, inventions, product names, trade secrets and any other rights subsisting in the results of intellectual effort in any field, whether or not registered and capable of registration;
(b) any application or right to apply for registration of any of these rights;
(c) any registration of any of those rights or any registration of any application referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) all renewals and extensions of these rights.
1.3 Publication the specific draft document or documents downloaded by You. 1.4 You or Your the person who downloaded the Publication.
- By downloading the Publication, You agree to be bound by this Agreement in respect of the Publication. You also agree to ensure that any Authorised User agrees to and will comply with this Agreement.
- You have a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to a single copy of the Publication in PDF format provided solely for Your (or, if applicable, Your Authorised User’s) use on a single unique computer during the term of the Agreement.
- You may download one copy of the Publication on, and if You are a company permit an Authorised User access to, a single computer owned, leased or otherwise controlled by You during the term of the Licence agreement.
- You may print one single copy of Publication from the PDF file, provided it is used for personal viewing only. The Publication, including any printed copy, may not be transferred to or shared with other persons or users other than any Authorised User, or copied or reproduced in any way.
- Concurrent viewing of the Publication on two or more computers or viewing the Publication through a local area network, wide area network, or any other type of network is prohibited. If the Publication is stored on Your computer and that computer is accessible to other users on a network, the Publication should be locked so as not to be accessed by other users on the network.
- You must not or allow others to reproduce, copy, merge, adapt, translate, embed, modify, rent, lease, sell, sublicense, send by email, share, upload to a website, assign or otherwise transfer the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication, create derivative works based on the Publication, or remove any proprietary notice or label appearing on the Publication.
- You and any Authorised User may only use the Publication for review and for the sole purpose of providing any comments on the text of the Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process. You will ensure that You and any Authorised User will only use the Publication for the purpose specified in this Agreement and will not use the Publication for any other purpose.
- For reproduction of the Publication or any part(s) of the Publication for purposes other than as permitted under this Agreement, permission must be sought from Standards Australia.
- The licence in this Agreement will terminate automatically if You or any Authorised User breach this Agreement or fail to comply with any of the conditions in this Agreement. On termination, You agree to destroy and delete all copies of the Publication.
Intellectual Property Rights
You also agree that:
- Standards Australia and its licensors are, and will remain, the owners of all Intellectual Property Rights in the Publication;
- You will not remove, alter or obscure any ownership, copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other marks or legends (including without limitation any digital watermark or other digital rights management tool) on or in the Publication;
- You will protect the security of the Publication in Your possession and preserve the Publication and Standards Australia's Intellectual Property Rights; and
- You will ensure that any Authorised User complies with these terms.
Public comment - Your obligations
As part of its Public Comment process, Standards Australia provides access to draft standards and other technical documents it develops to allow members of the public to provide comments on the text of the draft document. If You or any Authorised User provide comments in response to a Publication as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process (Public Comment Publication), the following additional requirements apply:
- You or any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any content in response to a Public Comment Publication that infringes the copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights of a third party. It is Your responsibility to determine whether the content You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication is suitable for publication. You and any Authorised User must not submit, post or upload any material that is inappropriate, defamatory or offensive or is contrary to any applicable laws or standards, or any codes or policies or standardisation guides of Standards Australia, or any other agreement You have with Standards Australia.
- Comments submitted as part of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process should address the technical content, wording or arrangement of the draft, or editorial matters. Proposed technical changes should be accompanied with supporting reasons.
- Any content, information (including personal information) or files that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be shared with, seen, used by other users, Standards Australia staff or Standards Australia’s third party service providers. Standards Australia cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any access preferences or settings that You may apply.
- Any content that You or any Authorised User submit in response to a Public Comment Publication may be used, reproduced, published or modified by Standards Australia without any attribution. You agree to waive and agree to ensure that any Authorised User waives any moral rights that may subsist in the contented submitted to Standards Australia.
- In the case of joint Australian/New Zealand Public Comment Publication, Your or any Authorised User’s personal information may also be disclosed to members of the joint Australian/New Zealand technical committee located in New Zealand and employees and contractors of Standards New Zealand. Your or any Authorised User’s information may also be shared by Standards Australia with third party service providers.
- You acknowledge that no promise, representation, warranty or undertaking has been given by Standards Australia or any person on its behalf in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, utility, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, profitability of or any other consequences or benefits to be obtained from the use of the Publication. You assume all risk of use of the Publication including the risk of infringement of a third party's Intellectual Property Rights. To the extent permitted by law, Standards Australia expressly disclaims all warranties, guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law that may relate to a Publication.
- Draft Publications are provided solely for the purpose of Standards Australia’s Public Comment process and are liable to change. Draft Publications are not to be used or relied on for any other purpose. Standards Australia recommends that users only rely on the final published version of any standard or other technical document.
- You agree that Standards Australia has no obligation whatsoever to advise You of any amendments or changes to the Publication or even as to its withdrawal from publication irrespective or the reason for any such amendment, change or withdrawal.
- Standards Australia is not liable to You for any damage or loss whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator), arising in any way out of Your use of the Publication.
- This agreement is governed by and must be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales.